Wednesday 15 June 2011

Portrait of Rebecca


Well, after an enforced break from the current portrait commission I'm working on to draw the Stallion below, I find my oil painting has dried enough to let me continue with the next layer.......unfortunately, this painting pre-dates this blog, and so I didn't start off doing it as a work in progress, so have no photos to show you of it yet. As it's almost finished, and is a commission, I'll wait till it is done and the client has seen and approved it before posting a photo here. However in the mean time, here is a photo of an oil painting of a yellow Labrador dog I painted a couple of years ago. Although alive at the time I painted it, Sebastion is sadly no longer with us.....but what a beautiful boy he was.....and very well known in the village where I live....everyone knew Seb, moreso than his owner Mandy, who walked him every day in the village.....he was such a friendly boy and without exception, when he was out with his owner for a walk, everyone used to stop and say hello to him. I miss seeing him around the village now.....but the good news is that Mandy now has a lovely chocolate labrador pup...and he is starting to become as well known as Seb was.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This, through a blog is a great get to know other countries and their people, nature and culture. Come take a look Teuvo images and blog to tell all your friends that your country flag will stand up to my collection of flag higher. Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete